Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Alexander McQueen Winter 2012

Finally settled into my new place! so that means back to fashion reviews! McQueens' Winter 2012 runway was done a couple of weeks ago. and for the first time ever, I saw a lot of people HATED the collection. It was shocking for me to say the least, because I've always understood the themes of each line and show, so i could never really HATE any of them. I feel with McQueen you have to understand the message.

I think the big thing people didn't like was that it was a very repetitive show. The fall show, i feel was a lot more exciting and colorful. Winters' consisted of various types of colored fur with white or eggshell colored dresses. and add in some black as well. (the black dresses i feel, were the most amazing.) The corsets on some of the outfits were stunning as well. and the shoes! oh my! once again Sarah Burton and her team hit the nail on the head! Weird, High and very sexual. I always look forward to seeing whats on the models feet. For me overall it was a lovely show. Very different and exciting.

but, I also feel (and a lot of other bloggers and reviewers i read) this was one of the first shows that Mrs. Burton decided not to have a central story to the show. Usually with McQueen, we can see a narrative in the clothes, a beginning and an end. I feel for this show, it stayed very much the same. its was "freezing cold" and all winter in the line. I feel a lot of McQueen fans want to see another "Platos Atlantis" or "The Raping of Scotland", the original famous McQueen shows.

But, we have to honest with ourselves, Lee McQueen is now gone. He left a woman in charge that is almost as brilliant as him, but with a different taste. I can tell Burton is trying to keep McQueen alive in the work. But i think a lot of people need to give her space to grow as her own designer. she ISNT McQueen, no one will ever be Alexander McQueen again. We need to accept that and take what the company gives us now.

Once people get over that, i think people will start to really love the vision Sarah Burton has. I loved the show. I can't wait to see what else she has in store for the coming year.

the entire show

and these are some of my favorites from the whole show:


they LOST ME with this one...


Ill put up the fall line and more soon!

No comments: